|Women and Breast Cancer Symptoms
Braving Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths. The
occurrence of breast cancer continues to increase as the world
progresses. This remains to be a big challenge to be faced and braved by
men and women alike.
What is Breast Cancer?
This involves the growth of malignant cancer cells. This results when
the DNA is altered and uncontrolled cell growth occurs until a tumor is
The cancer can metastasize or spread to other parts when the cells move through the blood to other organs like the lungs.
Although usually identified with women, men can also develop this. For
every 100 women with breast cancer, 1 man deals with the same problem.
The American Cancer Society approximated 1600 cases of breast cancer
among men in a year.
Breast Cancer and Risk Factors
Breast cancer is less likely to occur at a young age. The cases are
increased dramatically only at the age groups of 45, 50 and 60.
It is also claimed that having the menstrual cycle before age of 12 and
waiting for the menopausal period after 50 are considered risks.
Family history also increases the risk, although statistics provide that
more than 80% of breast cancer patients do not have immediate relatives
with such problems.
Saturated fat diets are also bad. Avoid as much as possible food that are high in saturated fats.
Women who have never been pregnant have increased probability to have
the cancer. Nuns are found to have high occurrence of breast cancer.
More than moderate alcohol intake and excessive smoking were claimed to contribute also to the incidence.
Estrogen therapy, for a considerably long period of time also gives a
slight risk. However, some would claim that the benefits of such therapy
far outweigh such slight risk.
The recurrent character of the cancer also does not remove the risk on
women previously treated. They can still have it even if a tumor has
been completely removed. This is due to undetected cancer cells that
have remained in the body.
The Symptoms of Breast Cancer
The following are some of the many ways to detect the possibility of having to deal with the breast cancer problem.
1. Breast Lump or breast mass
This is normally found only upon conducting a physical breast exam. It is firm and hard but painless.
2. Unusual change in the shape or size of the breasts
3. Mass or Lump found in the armpit
4. Breast Pain
This may pertain to pain or unusual discomfort that occurs on one side only.
5. Nipple discharge
This involves an abnormal discharge of clear or yellow or greenish fluid that looks like a pus.
6. Color change in the breast or nipple
It is possible for the skin, nipple or areola to be scaly or puckered,
reddened or retracted. Emphasized veins on the breast surface is also a
7. Sensation or itching of the nipple
8. breast lump, tenderness, discomfort, pain or other unusual changes, for the males
In case the breast cancer is already in its advanced stages, the
symptoms are evident by excessive weight loss, swelling of just one arm,
skin ulceration or extreme bone pain.
Breast cancer has long been and continues to be a big obstacle in the
lives of many women all over the world. Many organizations and movements
have sought to awaken the consciousness of women with regard to this
They say that the body is the temple of the soul. It is only imperative
that one takes the proper action when required to face the reality of
• 7 Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy
• A Step By Step Plan to a Healthy Pregnancy
• Aromatherapy and Pregnancy
• Benefit For Breastfeeding Mother
• Breastfeeding in Style
• Buying Maternity Clothes ~ Creating your 9 months
• Calculate Your Due Date Easily with an Online Pregnancy Calculator
• Concerns About Sex During Pregnancy
• Dealing With Common Pregnancy Complaints
• Dealing with Pregnancy Bloat
• Delivery Mistakes Cerebral Palsy
• Endometriosis Symptoms What Are The Signs
• Exercise and Pregnancy Fact Sheet
• Fashionably Pregnant
• GAGGED While Giving Birth
• Getting Pregnant
• Giving Your Newborn a Bath
• Health and Fitness in Pregnancy and Delivering a Healthy Baby
• How To Avoid Post Partum Depression
• How to Deal With Headaches During Pregnancy
• How to Get Your Pre pregnancy Body Back
• How Would You Like To Look Sexy During Pregnancy
• Importance of Oral Hygiene for Pregnant Women
• Infertility and Pregnancy
• Itâ€™s Not A Sin For Pregnant Women To Have A Massage
• Jaundice in Babies Prevention Treatments
• Kegal Exercise for a Healthy Pregnancy
• Morning Sickness Relief
• Obesity And Pregnancy
• Plus Size Maternity Clothes Keep Baby And Mom Comfortable
• Pregnancy and Hypoglycemia
• Pregnancy Food No Nos
• Teen Pregnancy Can Be a Crisis
• The Risks of Multiple Pregnancy Associated with IVF
• Truth about the Health of Newborns
• Women and Breast Cancer Information
• Women and Breast Cancer Symptoms
• Women and Cervical Cancer Symptoms
• Yoga For Pregnant Women