|Giving Your Newborn a Bath
Giving your newborn a bath can be a great moment for both of you to
relax and bond at the same time aside from hygienic purposes. Bathing
your baby should be a fun experience but safety should always be
emphasized and remembered. Here are some useful tips for you when
bathing your baby.
Set a bathing schedule
You should set a specific time for your child's bath. Majority of babies
will not have any problem with the time they will take a bath but it is
particularly enjoyable when done before their sleeping time. It is also
a great opportunity for you to take some pictures of your baby.
Never leave your baby
This is one of the most important rules that you have to follow when
bathing your baby. Never ever leave your baby alone in the baby tub.
They can easily drown in water that is only an inch deep. If something
catches your attention, like when the door bell or telephone rings or
when someone is clling outside the house, the best thing to do is to
pick up the baby and wrap it up in a towel. YOu may carry the baby with
you or leave it in the crib for a while. Never place your child in the
tub when you are still filling it up since the baby may become
uncomfortable with the change in the temperature as the water level
Prepare all that you will need
Before starting, make a rundown of all the things that you will need to
bathe your baby. Check your list if the baby shampoo, towel, wash cloth,
diapers, alcohol pads, and ear buds are already there. Also don't
forget to have a clean change of clothes ready for the baby. Babies get
cold easily, that is why the room's temperature should be kept warm at
all times. 70 to 80ºF is the ideal range for the rooms temperature.
Baby proof the bath tub
Bath tubs tend to be slippery and this cmay result to accidents and
injuries. Placing a rubber matting should be able to solve this problem.
This enables you to have a secure footing and offers greater stability.
Cushioning for the spouts can be very useful to avoid nasty and
painfulhead bumps. The sliding door's glass panel should be made of
safety glass for additional safety. Don't allow your baby to touch the
faucet or turn it. This might encourage him and since he will get
stronger eventually, this may cause accidents and uneccesary fuss.
Washing the head
Washing the head of the baby should be reserved near the end of the
bath. This is to minimize the baby's loss of body heat. Cleaning the
head area should be easy since babies usually have only a small amount
of hair. This can be accomplished by using a sponge and gently applying
it over the head of the baby. Avoid wetting the baby's eyes since this
will irritate it.
Increase the fun factor
Make the bathing time of your baby more enjoyable by using bath toys to
engage the baby. Never use adult shampoo since this is too strong for
your baby which is very sensitive. This may cause the baby irritations.
Look for a good baby shampoo brand that has a no-tears formula.
These are some things that you can follow to ensure that bathing your baby is an enjoyable experience for both of you.
• 7 Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy
• A Step By Step Plan to a Healthy Pregnancy
• Aromatherapy and Pregnancy
• Benefit For Breastfeeding Mother
• Breastfeeding in Style
• Buying Maternity Clothes ~ Creating your 9 months
• Calculate Your Due Date Easily with an Online Pregnancy Calculator
• Concerns About Sex During Pregnancy
• Dealing With Common Pregnancy Complaints
• Dealing with Pregnancy Bloat
• Delivery Mistakes Cerebral Palsy
• Endometriosis Symptoms What Are The Signs
• Exercise and Pregnancy Fact Sheet
• Fashionably Pregnant
• GAGGED While Giving Birth
• Getting Pregnant
• Giving Your Newborn a Bath
• Health and Fitness in Pregnancy and Delivering a Healthy Baby
• How To Avoid Post Partum Depression
• How to Deal With Headaches During Pregnancy
• How to Get Your Pre pregnancy Body Back
• How Would You Like To Look Sexy During Pregnancy
• Importance of Oral Hygiene for Pregnant Women
• Infertility and Pregnancy
• Itâ€™s Not A Sin For Pregnant Women To Have A Massage
• Jaundice in Babies Prevention Treatments
• Kegal Exercise for a Healthy Pregnancy
• Morning Sickness Relief
• Obesity And Pregnancy
• Plus Size Maternity Clothes Keep Baby And Mom Comfortable
• Pregnancy and Hypoglycemia
• Pregnancy Food No Nos
• Teen Pregnancy Can Be a Crisis
• The Risks of Multiple Pregnancy Associated with IVF
• Truth about the Health of Newborns
• Women and Breast Cancer Information
• Women and Breast Cancer Symptoms
• Women and Cervical Cancer Symptoms
• Yoga For Pregnant Women