|Dealing with Pregnancy Bloat
Pregnant women suffer from a lot of things because of physical changes
that they need to undergo to prerare for childbirth. A drastic lifestyle
change will have to be implemented to ease the discomforts of
A lot of pregnant women complain about bloating. Or at least they think
they are bloated because of all the things that are happening in the
abdominal area. Aside from the fact that
digestion slows down during pregnancy because of a certain hormone, the crowded feeling
caused by the expanding uterus adds up to the bloated feeling.
Nevertheless, here are some things to remember for pregnant women who are indeed,
or are only feeling bloated.
1. It's in the food!
It is alright for pregnant women to crave for food once in a while. But
generally, pregnant women should watch the food they eat not just for
the baby's sake, but for their sake as well. There are certain foods
that make women bloated.
As a general reminder, legumes, sodas, and other heavy foods must be
regulated to make the job easier for the stomach. There is a high
tendency for pregnant women to feel constipated, so avoid heavy meals.
Fatty meals add up to the bloated feeling. But complex carbohydrates are
the major cause because they take longer time to digest.
Also, keep a low-salt diet during pregnancy. High salt content in the
diet will cause greater water retention as salt induces more fluids from
cells to leak out.
Try to know what causes the bloated feeling by observing how certain foods make you feel after eating them.
To compensate for foods that you have to give up for a while, supplements are available to ensure a balanced diet.
But it doesn't end with what food you eat. It also depends on how it is
eaten. For pregnant women, it is advised to eat more frequently with
small amounts of food. It is also advised to drink liquids in between
2. Water. Water. And more water.
Because of the imbalances in the body, and the increased internal
activity, water is heavily utilized. Thus, the demand of the body for
water increases. Lack of water in the body causes bloating as cells give
off fluids to balance the water content inside and outside of the cell
3. Juice 'em up!
Some fruits are highly fibrous. And in as much as the vitamins and
minerals of the fruit is needed, the fiber just cannot be tolerated.
Fibers will just make the digestion process harder.
Extracting the juice from fibrous fruits will do the trick. The
nutrients are absorbed without having to go through the troubles of
4. Raise those legs up!
Because of the added weight, normal circulation of fluids are impeded. Water imbalance occurs.
Raising the legs once in a while relieves the legs and feet of the
weight. Normal distribution of bodily fluids resume. Once the water
level is normalized, water retention is obstructed.
5. Always think positive.
More than all the tips given, all that will matter in the end is how
these tips made you feel and think better about our situation.
A positive way of thinking makes any discomfort go away. Just think that
in a few month's time, all the discomfort will be replaced by a
blessing of life.
• 7 Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy
• A Step By Step Plan to a Healthy Pregnancy
• Aromatherapy and Pregnancy
• Benefit For Breastfeeding Mother
• Breastfeeding in Style
• Buying Maternity Clothes ~ Creating your 9 months
• Calculate Your Due Date Easily with an Online Pregnancy Calculator
• Concerns About Sex During Pregnancy
• Dealing With Common Pregnancy Complaints
• Dealing with Pregnancy Bloat
• Delivery Mistakes Cerebral Palsy
• Endometriosis Symptoms What Are The Signs
• Exercise and Pregnancy Fact Sheet
• Fashionably Pregnant
• GAGGED While Giving Birth
• Getting Pregnant
• Giving Your Newborn a Bath
• Health and Fitness in Pregnancy and Delivering a Healthy Baby
• How To Avoid Post Partum Depression
• How to Deal With Headaches During Pregnancy
• How to Get Your Pre pregnancy Body Back
• How Would You Like To Look Sexy During Pregnancy
• Importance of Oral Hygiene for Pregnant Women
• Infertility and Pregnancy
• Itâ€™s Not A Sin For Pregnant Women To Have A Massage
• Jaundice in Babies Prevention Treatments
• Kegal Exercise for a Healthy Pregnancy
• Morning Sickness Relief
• Obesity And Pregnancy
• Plus Size Maternity Clothes Keep Baby And Mom Comfortable
• Pregnancy and Hypoglycemia
• Pregnancy Food No Nos
• Teen Pregnancy Can Be a Crisis
• The Risks of Multiple Pregnancy Associated with IVF
• Truth about the Health of Newborns
• Women and Breast Cancer Information
• Women and Breast Cancer Symptoms
• Women and Cervical Cancer Symptoms
• Yoga For Pregnant Women